Solar Wind: script and testing hardware
February 12, 2015
Posted by on
Ventilator motors: 5 – 3 phase motors, running (just) on 5V, also on a fully charged lipo.
- DHT11 temperature and humidity sensor
- LDR, light value sensor
- push button
Battery: lipo 14oo mA
Lipo Charger included.
On off switch, between lipo+charger and the microcontroller.
Script: made in arduino environment
The 3 phase motors are driven by making the PIN’s go HIGH LOW like this:
the voltage of 4-5V and the current provided by the PIN’s seems to be enough so no ULN is needed in between the PIN’s and the motors.
- 2,3, — 17 —, ventilator 1
- 5,6,7, ventilator 2
- 8,9,10, ventilator 3
- 11,12,13, ventilator 4
- 14,15,16, ventilator 5
- 4, DHT11 PIN
- 18, pushbutton PIN: to control the modes of the script.
- always on: 5 ventilators are running alternating thr direction
- LDR mode: ventilators run when low light value
- Temperature mode: ventilators run when the temparature is above 21 degrees Celsius.
The modes are mode for presenting and testing. With the pushbutton the different modes can be selected. The LDR mode is nice to show an emmediate effect.
On a fully charged 1400 mA lipo (3.7V) the script can run in mode 1 (always 5 rotating ventilators ):
more than 7 hours, after 8 hours the rotating is visibly slower, but still moving…